måndag 5 oktober 2009

Sexy sounds

In our duo we have our separate sound-fetishes. Mr. Wahlstrom has a pretty unhealthy relationship with really deep sub-bass. As for myself, there’s nothing that beats the sound of a really hard-hitting snare. I can’t really put it into words; I’m just in love with the sound of that crisp initial attack and the sweet, sweet reverberations that follow.
For me it’s one of the first things I listen to when I hear a song, a lot of the times it can be a deal-breaker. The song can be great but if the snare isn’t great it kind of ruins the whole song for me. It works both ways too. I can sometimes find myself listening to songs that I don’t really like because the snares are awesome.
At the end of the day I guess it’s a hazard of the job. Once you get involved with the creative process of things you never look at other peoples work with the same eyes again.
/Valiant

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar